The UN General Assembly has declared 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health (IYPH). In 2019, FAO and the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) established the IYPH International Steering Committee (ISC) to:
- guide the development and implementation of the IYPH action plan;
- stimulate dialogue with partners; and
- help mobilize political and financial support for the IYPH.
The IYPH ISC has up to 18 members, including:
- 7 Permanent Representatives from FAO Regional Groups
- 2 members of the IPPC IYPH Technical Advisory Board (chair and vice-chair)
- Up to 9 representatives from UN agencies and international organizations; geographic and economic groups of countries; regional plant protection organizations; academia and international agricultural research organizations; civil society organizations and global farmers' organizations; private sector and resource partners.
IYPH ISC Meetings