The following draft ISPMs were submitted for the member consultation period on draft ISPMs by the SC in May 2013:
· 1994-001: Draft amendments to ISPM 5: Glossary of phytosanitary terms
· 2005-004: Movement of growing media in association with plants for planting in international trade
· 2005-010: Phytosanitary procedures for Fruit Fly (Tephritidae) management
· 2006-029: Management of pest risks associated with the international movement of wood
· 2008-001: Minimizing pest movement by sea containers*
· 2004-011: Draft Annex to ISPM 27:2006 - Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri
· 2006-022: Draft Annex to ISPM 27:2006 - Potato spindle tuber viroid
· 2012-011: Draft Annex to ISPM 28:2007 - Irradiation for mealybugs
* The Standards Committee (SC) approved at the 2013 May meeting a preliminary draft standard on Minimizing pest movement by sea containers (2008-001) for member consultation (with the understanding that there will be a further member consultation). The draft standard is open only for general conceptual comments.
As requested by CPM-8 (2013), the SC also agreed the terms for a short survey on the pests found with sea containers. It is expected to launch the survey in September 2013 and National Plant Protection Organizations (NPPOs) will be asked to get involved in this and collect data on the scale of the problem. NPPOs are encouraged to put this into their work plans.
The Secretariat has posted the draft ISPMs in the IPPC Online Comment System (OCS, http://ocs.ippc.int/index.html) and opened the drafts for the member consultation period. The draft ISPMs can be downloaded from the OCS and background documents (not including DPs and PTs) are posted on the IPP.
All comments must be submitted by the IPPC contact point using the OCS (http://ocs.ippc.int/index.html). For more information on the OCS, please visit the OCS page on the IPP. Please contact the IPPC Secretariat (IPPC-OCS@fao.org) for assistance using the OCS.
The 2013 member consultation on draft ISPMs lasts 150 days and begins on 1 June 2013 and ends 1 December 2013.
For any query or comment regarding the 2013 commenting period on draft ISPMs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org