Posted on جمعة, 10 مايو 2019, 17:47
Deadline on جمعة, 28 يونيو 2019, 23:55
The International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) Secretariat is Soliciting:
• Nominations for appropriately qualified experts to take part in the Working Group (WG) to develop additional resource(s) (2017-043) to support/improve the implementation of International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPM) 15 Regulation of Wood Packaging Material in International Trade
• Submissions of any existing relevant materials for the development of additional resource(s) to support/improve the implementation of ISPM 15
• Funds and in-kind contributions to support the development of additional resource(s).
Purpose of the ISPM 15 Implementation Resource (s) : ISPM 15 Regulation of wood packaging material in international trade is the most used/implemented of the 43 ISPMs adopted to date by the Commission on Phytosanitary Measures (CPM). It is crucial to allow the unencumbered flow of international trade around the world that uses wood packaging materials.
The International Forestry Quarantine Research Group (IFQRG) is an independent group of international experts that support and help address critical forestry quarantine research issues and identify and respond to high priority questions that face the international forest phytosanitary community. IFQRG, upon request, provides scientific advice to the regulatory community including the CPM and some CPM bodies.
The group last met at FAO headquarters in Rome in September 2018. One of the topics discussed were the findings from the study on implementation of ISPM 15 in four African countries funded by the Standards and Trade Development Fund (STDF) that confirmed that national plant protection organizations (NPPOs) in that region were requesting additional guidance for the review and approval of ISPM 15 treatment facilities and for monitoring ISPM 15 treatments.
Members of IFQRG and staff from the IPPC Secretariat discussed the development of additional implementation resource(s) for ISPM 15 focused on providing practical guidance to NPPOs on how to oversee and approve heat treatment facilities and apply both heat treatment [HT] and dielectric heat [DH]. One of the suggested approaches was the development of a comprehensive implementation resource/guide where introductory chapters would set the basis for understanding ISPM 15, followed by specific chapters on fumigation, heat treatment (HT) and dielectric heat (DH) and other approved treatments.
The IPPC Implementation and Capacity Development Committee (IC) further discussed the issue at their November 2018 meeting. The IC agreed to assign Ms Stephanie BLOEM, RPPOs Representative, as the IC Lead for the development of the ISPM 15 implementation resource (s)/guide and to establish a Working Group (WG) as per IC agreed Process for the Development of IPPC Guides and Training Materials The WG is supposed to contribute to the draft implementation plan for the development and delivery of supplemental resources to ensure use of the new resource(s)/guide.
The above-described work has not been budgeted under the IPPC Secretariat Budget. Therefore, Contracting Parties and other IPPC stakeholders are kindly invited to contribute funds and in-kind contributions towards the successful development of the implementation resource(s). The estimated budget for the development of the implementation resource(s) is USD 30,000.
Deadline: Nominations and Submissions are due 28 June 2019
Who can Apply and Contribute:
• Nominations for qualified experts, Submissions of relevant materials and Funds/in-kind contributions are accepted from:
• National Plant protection Organizations (NPPOs)
• Regional Plant protection Organizations (RPPOs)
• Relevant scientific or regulatory institutions AND
• Standards Committee (SC)
• Specific Practical Expertise Required:
• Experience with official regulatory systems
• Pest risk analysis
• Taxonomy of wood pests
• Application and verification of phytosanitary treatments in international trade
• Determination of pest status and verification of pest records
• Development of phytosanitary guidance, manuals and/or training materials.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: EXPERTS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE WORKING GROUP MEETING, TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR 25 -29 November, in Rome, Italy. ANY CHANGE WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THE IPPC CALENDAR (2019)
• Submissions of relevant technical materials should be accompanied by a statement granting the IPPC Secretariat permission to use the materials, except any materials that are specifically excluded, as deemed necessary.
Nominations, Technical Materials and information on Funds or in-kind should be submitted to:
• the IPPC Secretariat e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• with copy to Ms Stephanie Bloem (email@example.com) and Ms Ketevan Lomsadze (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• the name of the nominating NPPO/RPPO/institution and the words “Call for Experts: ISPM 15 implementation” and/or “Technical Materials: ISPM 15 implementation” and /or “Expression of Interest to support implementation of ISPM 15” should be placed in the subject line.
The deadline is 28 June 2019
More information is available at: