International Plant Protection Convention Secretariat (IPPC)
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
00153 Rome, Italy
Structure of the IPPC Secretariat
The Standards Setting Unit (SSU)
- coordinates the processes for setting International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs) and Commission on phytosanitary measures (CPM) recommendations.
- provides technical support for implementing the IPPC's strategic framework.
- supports the Standards Committee (SC) and several expert subgroups that help develop standards.
The Implementation and Facilitation Unit (IFU)
- coordinates the implementation of the IPPC, the ISPMs and adopted CPM Recommendations.
- works with contracting parties to develop capacity in implementing the IPPC and its standards.
The Integration Support Team (IST)
- supports the governance, technical, strategic planning, partnership, and communication and advocacy activities of the IPPC Secretariat.
- organizes meetings the CPM, the CPM Bureau, and Strategic Planning Group (SPG) meetings.
- maintains online tools such as the IPPC website, the National Reporting Obligations (NRO) platform, the Online Commenting System (OCS), etc.
- supports IPPC activities related to emerging pests and other plant health issues.
ePhyto Project Group:
- maintain the project schedule for global implementation of the IPPC ePhyto Solution
- coordinate the work of ePhyto Steering Group (ESG)
- liaise with project partners (UNICC, NPPOs, RPPOs and donors)
- provide support (policy related, technical) to on boarding countries