Outputs and Activities
Output 1: Guidance documents on prevention of FAW introduction and spread, drafted, validated and made available
- Draft a guidance document on the prevention of FAW (including standards for inspection and surveillance) through collaborative efforts of the technical working groups and regional steering groups with support from the IPPC Secretariat.
- Organize regional workshops to validate and release guidance on the prevention of FAW (including border control).
- Support and organize national workshops to validate and release guidance on the prevention of FAW.
Output 2: National and regional training for pest risk assessment conducted
- Organize national and regional training courses of trainers on pest risk assessment for FAW and registration of FAW as a regulated quarantine pest in the countries with the FAO Emergency and Rehabilitation Division (PSE) and IPPC Secretariat support.
Output 3: National and regional training on preventive measures (surveillance and inspection) and on pest outbreaks and alert systems conducted
- Organize and coordinate training courses for trainers on FAW surveillance and inspection with the IPPC Secretariat support.
- Organize and coordinate training courses for trainers on pest outbreak and alert system for FAW with the IPPC Secretariat support.