The IPPC Standards Committee (SC) and Secretariat in November 2013
The first session of the Commission on Phytosanitary Measures (CPM-1 (2006)) established the Standards Committee (SC). The SC consists of 25 members from each of the seven FAO regions: four members each from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Near East; two from North America; and three from Southwest Pacific. The current membership of the Standards Committee is posted below.
The SC is responsible for:
- overseeing the IPPC Standard Setting Process
- managing the development of International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs)
- providing guidance and oversight to the work of Technical Panels (TPs) and Expert Working Groups (EWGs)
Seven SC members (one from each region) are selected by the SC to form the SC Working Group (SC-7). The SC-7 supports the work of the SC in the detailed consideration of draft ISPMs and specifications.
The SC-7 is responsible for:
- examining all of the substantive member comments (including proposed amendments) from member consultation on draft ISPMs, identified by the steward
- reviewing and revising draft ISPMs prepared by the stewards in response to member comments and proposing revisions to the SC
- drafting SC responses to substantive member comments not incorporated into the draft ISPM, as identified by the steward
- proposing which changes to draft ISPM should be considered further by the SC
- explaining the proposed revisions to draft ISPMs to the SC as required
- performing other functions regarding draft standards and specifications as directed by the SC
This web page was last updated on 2014-03-24 by Céline Germain. If you find any incorrect information, please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.