The IPPC Secretariat coordinates the core activities of, and provides operational support to, the IPPC work programme. It is hosted at FAO headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Structure of the IPPC Secretariat
The Standards Setting Unit (SSU)
- coordinates the processes for setting International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs) and Commission on phytosanitary measures (CPM) recommendations.
- provides technical support for implementing the IPPC's strategic framework.
- supports the Standards Committee (SC) and several expert subgroups that help develop standards.
The Implementation and Facilitation Unit (IFU)
- coordinates the implementation of the IPPC, the ISPMs and adopted CPM Recommendations.
- works with contracting parties to develop capacity in implementing the IPPC and its standards.
The Integration Support Team (IST)
- supports the governance, technical, strategic planning, partnership, and communication and advocacy activities of the IPPC Secretariat.
- organizes meetings the CPM, the CPM Bureau, and Strategic Planning Group (SPG) meetings.
- maintains online tools such as the IPPC website, the National Reporting Obligations (NRO) platform, the Online Commenting System (OCS), etc.
- supports IPPC activities related to emerging pests and other plant health issues.
ePhyto Project Group:
- maintain the project schedule for global implementation of the IPPC ePhyto Solution
- coordinate the work of ePhyto Steering Group (ESG)
- liaise with project partners (UNICC, NPPOs, RPPOs and donors)
- provide support (policy related, technical) to on boarding countries
show/hide Full list of Contacts