The Technical Panel on Phytosanitary Treatments met in Kyoto, Japan July 26-30, 2010.
There were a total of 33 treatments to be considered by the Panel. Of these, 19 were treatments the Panel had previously considered including some that had been returned by the SC for clarification and others returned from MC for resolution. The remaining 14 treatments were new submissions received in 2009 and 2010. The breakdown of these follows:
The Panel made the following decisions:
1) Recommended the SC approve the following treatments for Member Consultation:
2) Recommended the SC approve the revised wording for two irradiation treatments based on Member Comments concerning the presence of live F1 adults posttreatment
3) Recommended SC approve TPPT responses to Member Comments on cold treatments and the resulting revised draft treaments
4) Eliminated 8 treatments from the work schedule, 5 because no additional information has been received from submitters following previous requests, and 3 because they were either not a treatment (a laboratory procedure) or were duplicate submissions
5) Requested Secretariat write letters to submitters of the remaining treatments asking for either clarification of specific points or submission of additional research data to support each treatmentShare on Twitter Share on Facebook