Under the IPPC, three international standards for phytosanitary measures (ISPMs) on pest risk analysis (PRA) have been developed and adopted:Â Â
- ISPM No. 2 (2007): Framework for pest risk analysis
- ISPM No. 11 (2004): Pest risk analysis for quarantine pests including analysis of environmental risks and living modified organisms
- ISPM No. 21 (2004): Pest risk analysis for regulated non-quarantine pests.
To help countries understand and implement these standards, an international advisory group of PRA experts was established to develop a training course and training materials designed to increase countries' capacity to conduct PRA.
The training course is designed to take place over 5 days, and consists of 14 presentations that explain PRA concepts and practices and 14 group exercises to demonstrate these. Three manuals and all other related materials are now available:
- a manual for participants taking the course
- a manual containing the group exercises
- powerpoint presentations
- a manual for instructors giving the course
- speaker's notes for giving the presentations.
These materials are freely available for use by any interested party. They can be downloaded here.