Posted on mar, 28 Jan 2020, 16:18
Deadline on dim, 29 Mar 2020, 21:55
The International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) Secretariat is soliciting:
• Submissions of case studies to support implementation of ISPM 8: Determination of Pest Status and enhance the Pest Status Guide (2017-039), which is currently under development.
The objective of the Pest Status Guide is to provide general guidance to national plant protection organizations and to support the implementation of ISPM 8: Determination of pest status in an area (2009-05). Selected case studies will be included as appendices to the Guide.
The IPPC Secretariat is looking for case studies that provide detailed examples that illustrate the steps followed by an NPPO to determine pest status or that otherwise support the contents of the Pest Status Guide. Examples might include, case studies that:
• highlight activities undertaken to gather evidence to support a particular pest status declaration (e.g. absent: pest not recorded; present:transient; etc.);
• provide a detailed examination of how the reliability of information sources and/or pest records were evaluated and used to determine pest status;
• provide a detailed examination of national legislation and policies used to support pest status determination;
• highlight activities and steps undertaken to correct an invalid pest record;
• describe how the information from pest status determination was used to meet national reporting obligations, develop regulated pest lists or support technical market access; etc.
Who can contribute?
NPPOs, RPPOs and other international organizations wishing to share their experiences and knowledge with the broader IPPC community may submit case study proposals. Please note that submissions will be reviewed, as per established procedures, and may not be published.
How do I prepare a case study?
Please use the Case study template for IPPC guides and training materials. Photographs and other graphics should be provided to enhance the case study.
Case studies should describe a phytosanitary issue or a key challenge and should tell the story of the activities that were undertaken to resolve it, including outcomes, lessons learned and future plans.
How do I submit a case study?
Please e-mail your completed case study template along with photographs and any other relevant graphics to the IPPC Secretariat ([email protected]). Please write “Case study for IPPC Guide on Pest Status” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline: Submissions are due 29 March 2020.
Please contact Barbara Peterson ([email protected]) for more information.